Welcome back! Our next blog on the joys of Coach Hire in Sussex will focus exclusively on the extraordinary East. RDH Coaches is based in sunny Sussex and has been for over twenty five years. As one of the oldest East Sussex coach companies, we believe this renders us more than qualified to suggest a few of our favourite locations easily visitable by coach!
We receive numerous e-mails every day just begging our Office Staff to help decide which of East Sussex’s many delights our customers should choose to visit. Not really, but we’re pre-empting the problem with our East Sussex Coach Hire handy hints!
- The South Downs Way – a stunning national trail stretching 100 miles over the rolling Sussex hills. Take in sea views, ancient forts and the notorious Devil’s Dyke. Accessible by foot, cycle or horseback, it’s truly the best way to immerse yourself in the Sussex countryside. Why not hire a coach to pick you up from one of the picturesque towns along route? Ditchling is notorious for the most indulgent cream-teas on the map, but Lewes– a gorgeous market town famous for cobbles, ghostly castles and Anne of Cleves – is certainly our favourite!
- There is a myriad of National Trust properties in East Sussex – one of which is the breath-taking Bodiam Castle in Robertsbridge, currently the star of the Olympic “Great Britain” advertising campaign! Watch out for the incredibly atmospheric Bodiam Medieval re-enactment days.
- Did you know that East Sussex is home to one of the world’s largest seed banks? Wakehurst Place in Ardingly hosts the Kew Millenium Seed Bank, which researches and stores millions of seeds from all over the world. A fascinating day out, especially combined with Wakehurst’s beautiful botanic gardens and extremely tasty tea room!
- Seeds are certainly not East Sussex’s most famous export. Wander through Rudyard Kipling‘s stunning country house of Bateman’s, soaking up the magic of one of England’s most revered and imaginative authors. We recommend wandering down to the still-functioning Water Mill, with a game of Pooh Sticks on the way of course!
- Plumpton Racecourse is undoubtedly one of our most popular East Sussex coach hire destinations. The litte village of Plumpton Green is nestled at the foot of the Downs, but boasts a full-sized professional Racecouse (as well as more pubs than you can count on one hand!). With just 16 annual National Hunt meetings, each meet is a thriving, bustling celebration of our beautiful thoroughbred friends – but as parking can be an absolute nightmare, it’s no wonder most people choose coach-back instead!
We hope you have enjoyed our little taster of the best of East Sussex coach trip destinations, but of course there’s so much more to see! We’re certainly not forgetting our first city Brighton just down the road…